Stockopedia.com, the award-winning online stock market research service, is looking for a full-time, permanent Operations Manager to join the team at the company’s Oxford office. You must be a smart and highly capable individual with the skill to influence the internal operations of a fast-paced technology startup. You will be working alongside company management and you will play a key role in executing our operational strategy.
This is a broad ranging role with a lot of responsibility in the management of company and staff affairs. You must be an intelligent and proactive self-starter with the confidence, organisation and resourcefulness to handle the job.
- Human Resources: recruitment, employee onboarding and performance management, development of HR procedures and policies.
- Accounting and payroll: liaising with our external accountant and tax advisers to ensure all statutory reporting obligations are met, producing financial reports, working with our payroll provider and handling employee queries.
- Operational management: office management (including planning for and securing new premises as the company expands), internal process design and optimisation.
- Executive support, including travel booking and visas.
At Stockopedia.com we've a got a clear mission: to help individual investors beat the stock market. We've been doing this since 2012 through powerful, proven methods applied at scale on big financial data. We cover over 80 stock exchanges around the world, providing private investors with all the tools and analysis they need to do their investment research.
We've been acclaimed in the Financial Times, won "Best Investment Software" at the Shares Awards and are consistently ranked among the top three brands in the Investment Category on the independent reviews site Trustpilot. We've already got over 10,000 subscribers but we're aiming for a million and we won't stop until we get there.
- At least two years’ relevant experience, potentially but not necessarily in project management, consulting, HR, finance, startups, or other relevant industry track.
- A dynamic, self-motivated attitude; comfortable working independently and with rapidly shifting priorities.
- A highly resourceful and tenacious approach to problem-solving.
- A sharp instinct for efficiency and flawless attention to detail.
- Excellent command of the English language, strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Very good numeracy skills
There are many benefits to working at Stockopedia.com but the best are the great work/life balance principles at our core.
- Work to live - Our founder hated the Goldman Sachs work culture... so we work to live, not live to work. Come in for eight hours of super-focused work time, and then go home.
- Time Off - Great results need rest. We don't really count, but with 24 days holidays plus bank holidays you'll have ample time to climb mountains or kick back the tires.
- Flexibility - we provide the option of a day's work from home for those that have longer commutes, and as many of us are parents there's always flexibility to deal with the kids.
- Pensions - live for today, but don't forget the future. We contribute to your pension pot via Now Pensions, so that you know you'll be retiring well.
- Sharpen the saw - whether your ambition is three letters after your name or just to learn new skills, we'll cover the costs of any education and training you want to take.
- Expenses - All employees can expense every lunch that builds connections & any book that improves their mind. If it's work related we'll pay for it.
- Gear up - With a great gear budget for every hire we'll help you get all the tools you need.
When you apply, please send in a cover letter. That will show us that you've read this far... and yes it will show us that you care about the details and reading things to the end. These things matter... we know it... but we want to know that you know it too. :-)